The weight workout for February is now posted on the site. This is a basic strength workout that works most muscle groups. If you do not know how to do an exercise or don't have the equipment, then go to the exercise planner and do an exercise for the same muscle group. A few notes about strength training:
- Warm-up for 10-15' on a bike or erg followed by some general stretching.
- Exercises are grouped together. An example would be to do a set of squats followed by a set of pulldowns followed by a stretch. Then go back to squats and repeat sequence until all sets are complete.
- Take 60-90" between sets.
- Core exercises are paired up. Day 1 you will do a flexion/extension and stabilization. Day 2 is lateral flexion and rotation.
- Week 1 you should keep the same weight for each set. It should be comfortable enough to get all reps without a struggle. Week 2 you may increase weight for 2nd set. For weeks 3 and 4 you can increase weight for sets 2 and 3.
- All exercises should be smooth and fluid. If you start to change body position in order to get more reps then stop.
- If you are unsure of an exercise don't do it. Find another exercise for the same muscle group that you know how to do.