Many Upper Body Exercises start from a strong standing position. We call this an 'Athletic Position'. It allows you to perform the exercises correctly and safely. See photo to the right.
To achieve an Athletic Position, check the following:
• Feet shoulder width apart - usually this is a little further apart than you think.
• Toes pointed just slightly outward
• Body weight is over heels, knees bent
• Strong core
• Chest forward, not down. Shoulders down and back (shoulders in photo are slightly slouched)
• Hips over feet, shoulders and ears over hips, no slouching or 'head forward' positioning.
Check your position every 2-3 reps. Use mirrors whenever possible.