The band squat is an excellent squatting exercise by itself or can be used as a warm-up before heavier lifting.
- Place feet about hip width apart.
- Stand with band under feet, running up the side of the torso and across the shoulder.
- Hold band with palm of hand facing away from your body
- Think about sticking the butt and chest out.
- Hold this tight position.
- Hold handles firmly as you squat.
- Maintain tight upper body with body slightly forward.
- Try to get thighs parallel to the floor.
- You should be able to sit back on the heels. This will work the quads and take the pressure off the knees.
- Press back up to standing position keeping torso tight and hands firmly in place.